Welcome to the ADM News and Updates page. Check back often as we add new items.
Cape Verde is now part of the ADM program! Please click here to see a picture of Ambassador of Cape Verde to the US Fatima Veiga and the ADM Team.
LDM FAQs read more>>
LDM press release - Arabic read more>>
8 April 2013: USAID and Western Union Launch the Libya Diaspora Marketplace! read more>>
Cape Verde is now part of the ADM program!
15 March 2013: Installation of a Power Pallet Biomas Generator at Booker Washington Institute, Liberia read more>>
19 Nov 2012: BOI, Western Union and USAID Hold SME Live-Banking Forum read more>>
17 Nov 2012: The Tony Elumelu Foundation, Western Union and USAID host the African Diaspora Marketplace Investment Event read more>>
Watch Global Culture TV's coverage of the ADM II here.
Since its inception the African Diaspora Marketplace has supported SME development throughout Africa, with programs such as:
- ADM I, a business plan competition which provided matched grant funding for 14 SMEs in 7 countries (2009-2010)
- ADM II, a business plan competition which has provided matched grant funding, technical assistance and linkages to other sources of financing for ADM participants (2011-2012)
- Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) 2nd Round Investment event, provided the opportunity for 17 SMEs to pitch their businesses for equity and social impact investment (2012)
- Bank Of Industry (BOI) ADM Live Banking Forum, created access to 8 competing Pan-African banks for entrepreneurs to pitch their business plans for SME loans and other financing (2012)
- Libya Diaspora Marketplace (LDM), encouraging SME growth and employment following a time of change (2013)
- TEF and BOI ADM financing events, details to be announced for November 2013