Welcome to the ADM News and Updates page. Check back often as we add new items.
13 December, 2013: Western Union to discuss first steps to overcoming SME challenges to access finance the Kenya Diaspora Conference, December 14. http://kenyaembassy.com/diasporaconference2013.html
21 August, 2013: 2nd Annual SME Live Bank Panel Forum to be held again in Lagos, Nigeria in November 2013 read more and sign up here!
USAID and Western Union Extend Libya Diaspora Marketplace Deadline to June 24, 2013 read more>>>
Cape Verde is now part of the ADM program! Please click here to see a picture of Ambassador of Cape Verde to the US Fatima Veiga and the ADM Team.
LDM FAQs read more>>
LDM press release - Arabic read more>>
8 April 2013: USAID and Western Union Launch the Libya Diaspora Marketplace! read more>>
Cape Verde is now part of the ADM program!
15 March 2013: Installation of a Power Pallet Biomas Generator at Booker Washington Institute, Liberia read more>>
19 Nov 2012: BOI, Western Union and USAID Hold SME Live-Banking Forum read more>>
17 Nov 2012: The Tony Elumelu Foundation, Western Union and USAID host the African Diaspora Marketplace Investment Event read more>>
Watch Global Culture TV's coverage of the ADM II here.
Since its inception the African Diaspora Marketplace has supported SME development throughout Africa, with programs such as:
- ADM I, a business plan competition which provided matched grant funding for 14 SMEs in 7 countries (2009-2010)
- ADM II, a business plan competition which has provided matched grant funding, technical assistance and linkages to other sources of financing for ADM participants (2011-2012)
- Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) 2nd Round Investment event, provided the opportunity for 17 SMEs to pitch their businesses for equity and social impact investment (2012)
- Bank Of Industry (BOI) ADM Live Banking Forum, created access to 8 competing Pan-African banks for entrepreneurs to pitch their business plans for SME loans and other financing (2012)
- Libya Diaspora Marketplace (LDM), encouraging SME growth and employment following a time of change (2013)
- TEF and BOI ADM financing events, details to be announced for November 2013
<a class="twitter-timeline" href="https://twitter.com/DiasporaMarket" data-widget-id="387656659775926273">Tweets by @DiasporaMarket</a>